There are times when you may be asked to examine the QBWIN.LOG file to be able to determine what is going on in your QuickBooks company file. How do you find it?
- Open your QuickBooks company file.
- Press the F2 key to open the Product Information window (or, Ctrl-1 if F2 doesn’t work).
- Press the F3 key to open the Tech Help window (or, ctrl-2 if F3 doesn’t work).
- Click on the Open File tab.
- Scroll down to find QBWIN.LOG and click on it to select it.
- Click the Open File button to open the file.
You can also click the Path On/Off button to display the path of the file if you want to go to it directly.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Charlie Russell is the founder of CCRSoftware. He’s been involved with the small business software industry since the mid 70’s, focusing on inventory and accounting software for small businesses. Charlie is a Certified Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Look for Charlie’s articles in the Accountex Report blog, as well as his California Wildflower Hikes blog.