Intuit has released the QuickBooks 2010 R10 update to manual update. I’ll list what I consider to be the important changes in this release – please note that I have not tested every one of these myself. This list may vary a bit from what Intuit lists on the official update web site. At this point, if you are experiencing any of these errors, it is probably safe to install this. If you aren’t sure – wait until it comes out on Automatic Update (probably a week from today).
- In some cases, if an Accountant’s Copy of a file (send through the Accountant’s Copy Transfer Service) was opened, QuickBooks would close with an unexpected error. This is fixed. It would only happen in a restricted set of circumstances.
- A restriction was removed that prevented you from using classes in line items in invoices, credit memos and sales receipts, in an Accountant’s Copy.
Integration with Office 2010 continues to be a problem for some users. In this release there are some additional improvements. If you have the Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition of QuickBooks, you can now open the Damaged Goods, Customer RMA and Non-Conforming Material forms with Office 2010, which was a problem before this release.
I don’t use Intuit payroll so I can’t evaluate the impact of the updates other than to say that you should always be up to date if you are using payroll. There are at least four bug fixes here.
Intuit Statement Writer (ISW)
- ISW saves multiple page PDF files in correct format now.
- Amounts will now be rounded to the proper number of decimal places
Client Data Review (CDR)
- The void and replace button in fix sales tax is enabled when editing transactions.
- Reclassify will display transactions that include those that had an account removed on the LAST reclassify.
- CDR will no longer crash when applying a payment to an invoice.
A user now needs full permissions to specific bank accounts to write checks. This is a change that was implemented earlier in QuickBooks 2011 R3. It makes access to check information more secure.
Crashes with Error Numbers.
- Unrecoverable Error 15177 53354 no long occurs when clicking the print button on an invoice while the cursor is in a blank row (printing, saving or shipping sales forms).
- Error code 16190, closing QB when building assemblies, no longer occurs.
- There were a number of different unrecoverable errors that could happen when saving or printing transactions, which are all resolved. See KB Article 898791 for more info on the errors. The codes were (in pairs): 15144 57386, 16098 64841, 16631 88224, 15247 19212, or 14683 34996,
You can go to http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/Support/ProductUpdates.aspx to get the manual update.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Charlie Russell is the founder of CCRSoftware. He’s been involved with the small business software industry since the mid 70’s, focusing on inventory and accounting software for small businesses. Charlie is a Certified Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Look for Charlie’s articles in the Accountex Report blog, as well as his California Wildflower Hikes blog.