To delete a QuickBooks Company file you no longer need (make sure you do NOT need it, because you can’t get it back):
- Select File then Open or Restore Company.
- Select Open a company file.
- In the “file open” window, right click on the company QBW file, then select “delete”. Then cancel the “open”.
The company will still show on the “recently used” list, but you can’t open it. To get rid of it from the list:
- Open any other company file. Select File then Open Previous Company.
- At the bottom of the list select “set number of previous companies”.
- Set the number to “1″ and click “OK”. That clears the list.
- You can go back and set the number to 10 or 20 if you wish, so you can keep a list of company files, but the list has been cleared.
About the Author (Author Profile)
Charlie Russell is the founder of CCRSoftware. He’s been involved with the small business software industry since the mid 70′s, focusing on inventory and accounting software for small businesses. Charlie is a Certified Advanced QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Look for Charlie’s articles in the QuickBooks and Beyond blog, as well as his California Wildflower Hikes blog.
Connect with Charlie at Google