A common question is “how much information can I enter in a particular field?” in QuickBooks. Another common question is “how can I make the field accept more information than it does now?”.
Here is a list of some common fields in QuickBooks and their max size. If there is a field not listed here that you are interested in, leave a comment and I’ll add the info.
As far as enlarging a field – sorry, you are out of luck, you can’t change the maximum field lengths shown here!
- Account Name: 31
- Account Numbers: 7
- Amount: 99,999,999.99 (Maximum number allowed)
- Custom field: 30
- Customer message (Invoices): 101
- Customer, Vendor and Other names: 41
- Employee Name (first and last): 25
- Item description (Invoices): 4095
- Item Part number: 31
- Job Description: 99
- Memo: 4095
- Note Field: 4095
- Notes in Shipping/Billing Address: 41
- Password: 16
- Ship to Name: 41